Burrata Salad

with warm balsamic figs and candied pecans

<span class=

Last weekend darling husband and I went on a date to one of our favorite Italian restaurants in Santa Barbara, Olio e Limone . I started off with a burrata salad that was so delicious. Olio's burrata salad was done like this: a slice of heirloom tomato topped with a smashed ball of burrata and topped with greens with grilled eggplant, red and yellow peppers, and a kalamata olive.



The tomato version seemed very summery to me, so decided to make my burrata salad with warm figs and pecans. It turned out well, but I think I still prefer the tomato/eggplant/pepper version, though I'm not a big fig fan like dh is.



What is burrata? It's ball of fresh mozzarella with a creamy center. It comes packed in water and though I got mine at Trader Joe's, I'm sure it is also available at other grocery stores.



Burrata Salad with Warm Figs and Pecans

Serves 2



1 bag mixed baby lettuce

extra virgin olive oil

good quality balsamic vinegar

2 balls of burrata, room temperature drained and patted dry

6-8 fresh figs, halved lengthwise

toasted or candied pecans (walnuts or hazelnuts would be good too!)



Toss salad with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. Top with one ball of burrata that has been brought to room temperature. Using a fork, tear burrata open.

Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Cook figs cut side down for 3 minutes. Add a tiny splash (about a teaspoon) of balsamic to the pan and cook another minute. Add figs to the salad and sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and a sprinkle of freshly cracked pepper.



fig
Description: Burrata Salad
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 8:05 PM
TOP