Apricot Almond Bars


I've always loved the Apricot Almond Bars from Jeannine's Bakery. So I decided to try to recreate them at home. The first try didn't turn out very well, but I think I got it right this time...

1 batch sugar cookie dough (I used the recipe from Williams-Sonoma Cookies cookbook)
1 egg, beaten
1 egg white, beaten
7 ounces almond paste, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
18 apricot halves, fresh or canned
1/4 cup apricot preserves
½ cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 375.
Press cookie dough into 2 square baking dishes lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 325.

Beat eggs, almond paste, butter, and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well combined. Spread almond paste mixture over cookie crust. Press apricots into top in rows of 3. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 45 minutes or until top of bars have set and are golden brown.

Melt apricot preserves in microwave or saucepan and brush over top.

Cool and cut into bars.


Here's my sous chef:
Description: Apricot Almond Bars
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 7:35 PM
TOP