Blood Orange Sorbet - OMG is this good!

I just have to start off by saying that this may be the tastiest thing I have ever made, and it's definitely the healthiest dessert I can think of. It really proves the point that if you start with good quality ingredients, there's not much you have to do to them.

The inspiration for this sorbet came from one of my favorite cocktails - a blood orange margarita from Blue Agave. This is the perfect warm weather treat. I know because it was 98 degrees in Santa Barbara today! Yikes that's hot!



Recipe by Marina

Serves 3

3 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice (around 3 pounds of oranges)
Agave nectar to taste (I used around 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon tequila (rum would be good too, or limoncello, or...)

Whisk agave nectar into the juice. The amount you will need will depend on the sweetness of your oranges and your particular taste. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze for around 30 minutes, or following manufacturer's instructions. Add the alcohol a few minutes before it's ready. I learned the hard way that it slows down the freezing time. The good news is that it also keeps the sorbet from getting too hard in the freezer.
Transfer sorbet from ice cream maker to freezable container and freeze for half an hour longer.
Description: Blood Orange Sorbet - OMG is this good!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 9:03 PM
TOP